What's Not Covered
- Pre-existing conditions are always excluded. We define Pre-existing conditions as any disease, illness or injury which occurred or existed prior to the original effective date of the policy
- Illness that occurs or shows symptoms during the first 30 days of your policy unless you have continuous coverage with us
- * Diagnostic test(s) and treatment(s) for conditions excluded or limited by this policy and complications of conditions excluded or limited by this policy
- * ACL are considered bilateral conditions; one covered per life of the cat
- Elective treatment, including but not limited to: * vaccine titers, cosmetic dentistry, docking of tails, cropping of ears, microchips, removal of dewclaws, removal of eyelashes, declawing, or tenectomy that you choose to carry out that is not directly related to a current covered illness or injury.
- Breeding your pet, pregnancy, and any treatment in connection with pregnancy or giving birth
- Grooming and nail clipping
- Conditions always excluded: congenital/inherited conditions; eye conditions including aberrant cilia, dermoid, distichiasis, entropion/ectropion; CDRM; chronic renal (kidney) failure; deciduous teeth; diabetes (insipidus or mellitus); elbow dysplasia (OCD, FCP,UAP); hemophilia; congenital heart problems including murmurs, failure, cardiomegaly (enlargement of the heart); hip dysplasia; congenital liver conditions; obesity (not due to an underlying medical condition); OCD (including but not limited to the hock, elbow, carpus and shoulder); osteoarthritis; congenital shunts to include portostymic shunt; elongated soft palate; stenotic nares; spondylosis; von Willebrand disease; luxating patella; and umbilical hernia
- Food, vitamins and nutritional supplements
- Alternative medicine including holistic, herbal, homeopathic, acupuncture or chiropractic treatments
All policies subject to underwriting guidelines. For a complete list of exclusions and policy descriptions please see the sample terms and conditions.
*The items listed above are eligible under our Wellness Plus Plan only, they are excluded under all other plans offered through PetPartners, Inc.